The IT Technician is responsible for day to day operational IT and end user support and maintenance from our headquarters in Carrollton.
The end user support includes, but is not limited to account and device management, hardware assembly, end user device deployment & decommissioning, basic hardware replacement, rack & stack of equipment, cabling, phone and remote support, asset management & tracking, physical auditing, engineer assistance, and other like tasks.
This role will be responsible for supporting the Information Technology Services department as well as end users in day to day requests. This position will require flexibility of hours to meet the business needs with routine maintenance tasks – helping with server updates post hours, etc.
- Provide courteous, positive support to all customers and fellow employees across the organization
- Accurately document and communicate issues with all vested parties
- Provide support to all IT department team members in addition to end users
- Resolve issues or escalate them in a timely manner
- Manage time and tasks associated to assigned projects and meet target dates
- Document problems and resolution for future reference.
- Receive, asset tag, configure, install, and deploy new devices
- Perform approved hardware and software maintenance on devices
- Perform physical auditing functions
- Create and maintain documentation which includes but is not limited to: Visio diagrams, spreadsheets, configuration archives, as build documents, and monitoring software
- Stay current with knowledge of related technologies, designs, methods, and trends
- Make routine visits to assigned remote offices
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Hands-on experience with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory.
- Hands-on experience with printers, computers, monitors, laptops, peripherals, network cabling and IP camera systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to use manufacturer support sites and search engines to resolve issues
- Ability to accurately enter information in to the help desk ticketing system
- Strong troubleshooting skills (Hardware & Software)
- An understanding of TCP/IP network concepts and network troubleshooting
- An understanding of print servers, and how to configure print sharing
- An understanding of cabling infrastructure, including but not limited to cat5, cat6, fiber, patch panels, and respective termination methods.
Skills and Abilities:
- A positive attitude and the ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- A willingness to provide a high level of customer service, while working within department and company guidelines
- Must be highly organized and be able to multi-task, as well as, manage projects, time, and meet target dates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (spelling, grammar, etc..) with exceptional attention to detail and be client focused and service driven
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to travel (Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record)
1-2 years of experience required, 3 years or more of experience preferred in a Helpdesk and/or PC support environment or related field required.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Certification in Computer Science or related field from a college or technical school is desired.
Qualified Applicants should email April Ybarra, firstname.lastname@example.org